Areas of Expertise:
|Strategic Planning||Information Technology Architecture|
|Resource Allocation||Agile Design and Development|
|Customer Engagement and Satisfaction||Web and Mobile Development|
|Mentoring and Management||Linux Scripts and Server maintenance|
- 15+ years experience in the field of Information Technology including Requirements Analysis, Design and Development.
- Experience in recruiting, training and developing cross-cultural teams for both offshore and onshore sites.
- Proficient leading teams as well as working individually.
- Application development experience in Web based and mobile applications.
- Worked in Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
Gap, San Francisco, Solutions Architect June 2015 – Present
- Helped Gap Logistics identify pain points in routing packages between Distribution Centers.
- Integral to the road to 300K actively supported orders for the 2015 holiday season.
- Work with Customs vendors to ensure accurate customs package generation and efficient routing of goods across international borders.
- Helped re-engineer build systems to a Docker based Jenkins CI
Tweet Careers (https://tweetcareers.com) Owner September 2014 – Present
Tweet Careers is a blazing fast search engine for jobs posted on Twitter. It uses Angularjs for the front end while the backend is a REST service on Node.js and Express on a Redis noSql database.
Newspin (https://newsp.in), Owner March 2013 – Present
Newspin attempts to help the casual stock investor understand Indian markets better. Users can look at historical data and peer performance to understand the current technical trends. Real-time stock prices are proactively pushed using Websockets while historical data is served on a REST platform. Newspin also monitors stock trends and proactively helps you identify the right stock. It lets the user login using Google, Facebook or Twitter and based on the portfolio types, suggests stocks for the user to track. I’ve coded Newspin in Node.js, Express for a Rest framework, websockets using socket.io on a No-SQL redis file storage.
|Grocery Tasks||Picture with Rajni||Picture with Mithun
Open Source Projects:
Node Cron Jobs:
Node cron jobs schedules your jobs in a cron based scheduling environment for Node.js. It is available as a npm module allowing you to install it within the node.js ecosystem.
It lets you set a default set of configuration parameters as well as parameters for different runtime environments (development, test, qa, stage, production etc.)
Yet Another Log Viewer(YALV):
YALV is a way to view logs graphically, drill down by type and trace requests across systems.
Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME), Chicago, Consultant Feb 2012 – Oct 2012
- Help CME design and develop an application which will help clients with their portfolio margin needs. The application works with Credit Default Swaps, Interest Rate Swaps, Futures, Options and Foreign Exchange rates.
- Involved in Interviewing, resource allocation and resource review process.
- Worked in the capacity of Developer, Designer, Architect and Knowledge Imparter.
- Built a maven build framework around a third party application.
- Setup continuous integration in a bamboo environment with automatic deploys to test environments.
- Brought code to coding standards and setup in-memory database and mock jms framework. This helped setup local development environment significantly cutting down development costs.
- Worked with Span Markup Language to interact with CME Soap Webservice endpoints.
- Proposed FixML changes to incorporate new messages.
- Setup multithreaded pooled environment to better utilize server resources.
- Setup Webservice APIs using Spring’s REST framework with a JSON payload.
- Actively pushing CME to use Map-Reduce to further externalize processing in the cloud.
Environment: Java 6, Spring, Oracle, Spring Web Service, SpanML, JSON, REST, JUnit, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Linux.
Overstock.com, Salt Lake City, Consultant April 2011 – Jan 2012
- Implemented a Flux scheduled job for Auto Renewal of ClubO Memberships.
- Helped implement a free trial program to encourage customers to try ClubO Rewards for two months before purchase.
- Implemented a Flux scheduled job for Expiry of ClubO Rewards on membership expiration.
- Refactor current services to multiple webservice endpoints to help with scaling.
- Implement Rest based services using JAXB
- Ensure test cases are implemented in Junit and TestNG for coverage.
Environment: Java 6, Jamon, Oracle, JAXB, JUnit, TestNG, Apache Tomcat, Bordello, Flux, Splunk, Linux.
Icrossing (Hearst Corp.), Chicago July 2009 – March 2011
Position: Lead Software Engineer
- Helped recruit and train team in Pune, India to work on Icrossing’s paid media software.
- Used Agile methodologies and introduced peer code review and enforcement of Test Driven Development to achieve 99+% unit test line coverage.
- Implemented the next generation software using Groovy on Grails and GORM.
- Used grails plugin development to share functionalities across teams
- Built a custom grails tomcat deployment plugin to help with Continuous Integration build deployment to multiple environments.
- Built a POC for push based notifications using the Atmosphere plugin and Tomcat NIO.
- Used GridGain’s Map-Reduce algorithms to distribute API calls to Google and Facebook.
- Continuous Integration and deployment to local as well as to Amazon EC2.
- Implement AJAX and Rest based services in Grails.
Environment: Java, Jsp, GSP, MySQL, GORM, Groovy, Grails, GridGain, Apache Tomcat, Webworks, Bamboo, Spring, Hibernate, Eclipse, Maven, Web services, Apache CXF, Junit, MacOS, Linux.
Norvax Inc., Chicago Jan 2004 – July 2009
Position: Senior Systems Analyst
Quote Builder 2.0:
Role: Tech Lead, Developer
- Involved in the design and implementation of the next generation of Quoting software.
- Implemented Spring MVC design rules and Java messaging framework in Active MQ.
- Implemented prototypes using JBoss Rules to store business rules in the database.
- Test driven implementation using Spring JUnit Test Suite, Easy Mock and Spring Mocks.
- Profile prototypes using JConsole and JProfiler for Load testing.
- Continuous Integration using Hudson, Testing results were tabulated with Emma and Project Builders like Ivy and Ant were used to conform to Extreme Programming principles.
- Decoupled tightly specified business rules into a distributed architecture environment to enable work to be spread across various outsourced groups.
- Actively use scrum methodology for project management as well as planning meetings to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
Quote Builder 1.0:
- Work with the Insurance industry to finalize Insurance carrier requirements, develop Health Insurance related quoting and design UML specifications.
- Implemented Web Services and XML oriented quoting software using Axis integrated with Resin
- Developed test cases with JUnit for unit testing and performed extensive testing of system.
- Lead a team to introduce a database redesign with pooling to help with architecture scalability.
- Helped in an architecture redesign as well as UI based improvements using Velocity templates while promoting test driven development.
Broker Office 1.0:
- Participated in the complete Server side architecture and Application design applying design patterns like Template, Visitor and Singleton Patterns.
- Implemented database and thread pooling to help build scalable applications.
- Help with server maintenance being part of the team providing 24/7 support to help maintain the current system uptime of 99.999%
- Lead Releases, Hot fixes and help with debugging production support issues related to Java JVM’s on linux based systems.
- Bash scripts, thread dumps, log reviews, profilers and other linux based tools are used for production support.
Environment: Java, JSP, Resin, Velocity Templates, JBoss Rules, Spring, Hibernate, JBuilder 10, Eclipse, Ant, Unix, Windows, Web Services, Axis, XML, HTML, CVS, Subversion, JUnit, JProbe, Hudson, Luntbuild, Emma, Ivy, MySQL.
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago Oct 2001 – Mar 2003
Position: Network Administrator
- M.S. Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago GPA 3.72/4.0 May 2003
- B.E. Computer Engineering, University of Bombay, India GPA 3.7/4.0 May 2001
- US Mensa Society
Indian Citizen, US Permanent Resident.